Saturday 31 December 2011

Amigurumi frog

I had a fab book for Christmas about making amigurumi creatures. Now it has been a long, long time since I have done any crochet. ( We're talking childhood here!) so I thought I'd have a go at it and see if I could still do it! Unfortunately my efforts make him seem a little overweight, but he is  perfect for all us new year dieters! We can look at his body and instead of saying " Phwor" we can all say " I must stick to that diet,!!" Well, he'll come in handy for singing "hmn, hmn said the little green frog one day"http://www.singup.org/songbank/song-bank/song-detail/view/150-little-green-frog/ at work and if I make four more I'll be able to use him for five little speckled frogs as well! I also need to get the right sized crochet hook because that should help with his weight loss!! If only New year diets were that flipping easy!!!!

7 comments:

catherine said...

aw he is so cute and looks cuddly. Well done on having a go at something different. Have a happy new year
x catherine

lbwright22-loopylou said...

He looks just Ok as he is- don't give him complexes over his weight- lol!
Great accessory for your work.

Kathyk said...

He's not fat he's just had a great Christmas! What a cutie

Happy New Year

Kathyk

Vicky said...

What a cutie hun...!

wishing you a happy new year too sweetie... :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Awww Rosie he's so precious! Well done you.
Happy new year, all the best for 2012.
Katie x

Debs M said...

love him, Happy New Year xxx

Sarn said...

Oh he's so cute. Never heard of these creatures, but I can crochet. What's the book called please? xxx

Sunday Greens with a bit of love.

  See  I just love this inkadinkado stamp set and I particularly love this little snowman. This was a quick and easy make, just snippets of ...